dubbing service with translation
Your video material is an extremely effective and appealing marketing and communication tool, and our dubbing service can make it accessible to an even larger audience, in all languages, just like they do with successful blockbusters in the film industry.
With multi-lingual dubbing, you can easily expand your global reach to include people of different cultures: the process of dubbing is basically the replacement of the original speech in a video with its spoken translation in another language, and SMG UK can save you time and resources by taking care of all necessary technical and linguistic aspects.
Our turn-key dubbing service includes:
- Script translation: our best translators translate your script into the foreign languages designated for the dubbing project;
- Script speaking: a carefully selected cast of native speakers record the script in our studios: the voice actors we select are professional performers and true dubbing specialists;
- Production: the sound and video engineers in our fully-equipped studios record the performers’ voices and layer the sound tracks to produce a superior-quality dubbed video.
Do you want to hear our voice actors in advance? No problem, we can share our full range of voice samples in the form of audio files.
Types of dubbing
There are three types of dubbing:
- Voice off: the voice of the dubber is added over the original voice, which remains audible in the background. There is no lip sync and the dubbing does not necessarily start and stop when original voice starts and stops. The audio effect is similar to the voice of a simultaneous interpreter: the speaker and the interpreter can be heard at the same time, but the two do not coincide and, indeed, there may be moments in which only one of the two can be heard.
- Voice over (oversound): the dubbing is added over the original voice, which remains audible in the background. There is no lip sync but the voice starts and stops exactly when the original voice starts and stops.
- Synchronisation: the dubbing replaces the original voice, which is no longer audible in the background, and the voice actor applies lip sync as far as possible, starting and stopping with the original sound.
SMG UK offers:
- Translation + Dubbing: we translate the script and provide the dubbing by a voice actor, including recording and layering in the video by our sound engineer.
- Dubbing only: we dub scripts that have already been translated by our clients. A voice actor reads the script, which our sound engineer records and layers in the video.
How to request a quote
Requesting a time and cost estimate for your ad-hoc dubbing service is easy! It can be even faster if you help giving us the following info:
- Your company name, address and VAT number.
- Email, phone number and contact person.
- Name, email and phone number of the client contact person.
- Do you also need the translation? If so, please indicate the source and target languages, the topic and the number of audio minutes to be translated.
- What type of voice actor are you looking for? Gender (male or female), age (young or adult; specify the age range, from 5 to 12, 13 to 20, 20 to 30, 30 to 50 or 50 to 70 years old), voice characteristics (strong, sweet, deep, etc.).
- How many dubbing voices? How many voices do you need for the dubbing.
- Type of dubbing: voice off, voice over or synchronisation.
- Number of audio minutes to be dubbed.
- Format of the audio file.
- Quality: please choose one of the following quality levels according to your needs:
- Top Quality: highly professional service, carried out by professionally-trained, native speaker voice actors. Our sound engineers perform the recording in our recording studios using technologies that offer a wide range of frequencies.
- Standard Quality: professional service, carried out by native speakers with good diction. Our sound engineers perform the recording in our recording studios using technologies that offer a wide range of frequencies.
- Low-cost Quality: semi-professional service, intended for use in non important applications. The service is performed by a native speaker using a digital voice recorder for recording at low frequencies, including recording via smartphone.
Fill in the form below to get a quote from our offices. We are happy to respond to your request and will get back to you as quickly as possible.